Six Great Reasons for Six Words
I have been enjoying #sixwords lately. Why, you ask me?
Here are six great reasons behind my enjoyment of sixwords:
- Creative — The very best reason I can give is that sixwords is creative. To begin, you already know that I love brevity, but this form of brevity can become a simple filter through which you can extrude creativity. I think it’s a format that is deceptively simple yet hides great creative potential. For example, when I don’t know how to label one of my eclectic photos on Instagram, I often resort to a creative sixwords. My Instagram account → Stéfan
- Intellectual — The paradox is that the simplicity of sixwords can actualy reveal refinement. It takes a bit of intellect to be creative within a few words. You see, simple people can express complex ideas but they need many words. Brevity is intellectual. Dust off some of that vocabulary you have collected over the years.
- Poetic — Intellectual creativity is rounded out by infusing it with poetic notions, satirical spins, or layered meanings. Writing poetry one short verse at a time is perfect for this day and age. Take my word for it: it flies well on Twitter. My Twitter account → Stéfan.
- Intuitive — Because sixwords is simple and self explanatory, people get it from the first time they see it. I have been asked for clarifications several times and each and ever one of these requests were in proper #sixwords format. It’s that simple. It’s that fun.
- Playful— All of these great reasons combine and create a playful forum. You would be surprised at how many people respond, comment, joke, and laugh through sixwords. I have taken part in excellent exchanges with great people on social media.
- Enlightening — Despite it’s simplicity and intuitiveness, you get to see people through their sixwords. Poetic creativity reveals a little bit of us in each of these short spurts of words. I admire and learn from those who can so effectively use this little playground for intellectual sublimation.